Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Technorati Discoveries...

Another interesting site I never knew about. It looks like the first site I will go to when I am researching blogposts. I like the fact that you can search an area, and search videos, photos, and blogs all separately. It will also make for a great reference. However, some of the results don't look like they are always from the most reliable sources, so judgment will have to be used. Some look like people decided to post a video about kinesiology while they were eating at the dinner table! Absolutely a great tool. When searching kinesiology, results were different when searched in videos, photos, and blogs. Good to have these resources if you are ever putting together a presentation of some sort. Very useful...
After exploring popular blogs, searches, tags, etc., I was surprised at a few things. I wasn't surprised to see "news", up there on the list. people are always wanting it, and faster ways to get it as everyone seems so busy. Faster than newspaper...
"Taskbar" makes sense as people really making their taskbar customized to themselves. Everything is there quicker w/ the click of a mouse, and it makes using the web more convienant.
I wasn't all that surprised to see cheat codes and different female celebrities either. Kids always want cheat codes for their video games (instead of going outside and being active!! :-( ) and people always want the latest photos/gossip on celebs.
"BoigBoing" was a blog that I am unfamiliar with. I looked over it briefly to comment here, and I think I will revisit when I have more time later on. Seems like an interesting website w/ a lot of different "stuff" (for lack of a better word!) Videos, news, and cool gadgets you may have never seen before can be found on here. It is the most popular blog out there, so there's got to be a reason! I will attempt to see what its all about....

Some of the more popular tags include: blogging, video, music, news, romance, friends

Nothing all that surprising as news searches seem to be popular along w/ blogs, new music, and videos are always fun to search. Seeking love and relationships and social networking are also very popular on the web.

Well, I will bring my rambling to a close and say this: I learned about this cool site, that will serve as a great starting point for many research and resource discoveries on-line. I will, however, need to take some more time to play with it and discover all it has to offer. Looks to be a great site!!

No comments:

Post a Comment