Thursday, May 21, 2009

Microblogging w/ twitter...

Everyone is talking about twitter. I had no idea what the heck it was until our assignment in KIN710 was to check it out and start tweeting. Honestly, I can say this is something that I probably won't continue w/ after this class. Now, I am saying this prematurely as I probably haven't discovered all of the possibilities of Twitter just yet. Time is an extremely precious thing. Time is something I always seem to have not enough of. Time is money. Time is so very scarce. And it takes TIME to turn on the computer, type in twitter.com, log-in, and then see what my friends are doing. I just don't see the benefit of it just yet. Since I have started Tweeting, I have noticed that I just complain about "trying to get work done" or "not having enough TIME for anything". So people see me and probably think, what a cry-baby. And I'd like to think that I am not! LOL I just don't see the value in it yet, but maybe I'm slow. I'd rather spend time w/ people I love, my dog, or even do something for myself rather than complain and/or see what my freshman college roommate is doing on his lunch break. Now, I'm not knocking it just yet, these are just my first impressions of it. I am still new to it and my thoughts could change. I am glad I got to experience it though and learn about it. Now when people talk about it, I can chime in with experience. Just my .02.... thanks for reading! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Tweeting...its such a werid word and to think that one of our Master's assignments was to learn how to tweet..it makes me laugh. I feel your difficulties with time. Especially now that we have to do so much on the computer, read and get things done around our normal schedule there really doesn't seem to be enough time. I have lots of friends who have a lot of time on their hands and they seem to be able to get on the computer, spend hours listening to music, watching utube videos and commenting on facebook...I get on and five minutes later I am annoyed or bored. I don't like wasting my time on the computer..My vice however, my tv shows. When I get to watch them I can sit for hours and watch so I guess it is just as bad. Good luck tweeting..what is your names so I can follow you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a bit leary about Twitter. I find it interesting that people find time to Tweet every few minutes or on the hour. I am lucky to post once a day for our assignment and I tend to go through phases on Facebook where I check it and then I don't go on for a week at a time. I too think that I am not going to follow along with Twitter because it is not that exciting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lal, My twitter name is fx4pitrone.... I also try not to be on the computer much but it seems like that's all I do!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete